Hillside Church is a Free Methodist Church,
and a member of the North Central Conference and the Free Methodist Church of the USA. We are Protestant, Evangelical and Wesleyan. We are Christians whose only loyalty is to Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Bible is the true record of God having revealed himself to people.
- We believe in one God, forever existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe God the Father is perfect in wisdom, power, and holiness. He is a Father who loves His creation deeply. He concerns Himself with the events of all humankind and extends grace to all who receive His Son as Savior.
- We believe Jesus Christ, the sinless Son of the Father, through his death and resurrection, has made it possible for all people to renew their broken relationships with God, to reach their fullest potential in this life, and to have eternal life in heaven.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who lives in each Christian enabling each to live a transformed life. The Third Person of the Trinity comforts, teaches, and ministers to all believers.
- We accept the Church to be people of all ages, races, and cultures united by their belief in Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Why Free Methodist?
The Free Methodist Church traces it’s roots back to the John Wesley and the Methodist Episcopal Church of England and America. The Free Methodist Church began in Pekin, NY on August 23, 1860 after pastors and laymen were expelled from the Methodist Episcopal Church due to the following convictions:
* All persons should be free, not kept as slaves.
* Pews should be free, not rented (as was the practice). The church should be for ALL no matter what their financial situation.
* Worship should be free, not controlled through liturgy by an outside church hierarchy.
* Church members should be free from the grip of materialism so prevalent in the church of the day. Dress and buildings are kept simple and plain in order that all may feel welcome and equal.
* We are new in Christ and loyal to Him; members should be free from secret societies that required oaths of secrecy.
Doctrine and beliefs of Free Methodist Church
We rejoice being part of the Christ’s Holy Church.
“There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope…one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.”Ephesians 4:4-6