Hillside Church is a Free Methodist Church, a member of the North Central Conference and the Free Methodist Church of the USA.
- We are Protestant, Evangelical and Wesleyan.
- Christians only loyalty should be to Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is the true record of God having revealed himself to people.
- Jesus Christ, through his death and resurrection, has made it possible for all people to renew their broken relationships with God, to reach their fullest potential in this life, and to have eternal life in heaven.
- The Church is people of all ages, races, gender and cultures united by their belief in Christ and by the Holy Spirit.
The Free Methodist Church traces it’s roots back to the John Wesley and the Methodist Episcopal Church of England and America. The Free Methodist Church began in Pekin, NY on August 23, 1860 after pastors and laymen were expelled from the Methodist Episcopal Church due to the following convictions:
* All persons should be free, not kept as slaves.
* Pews should be free, not rented (as was the practice). The church should be for ALL no matter what their financial situation.
* Worship should be free, not controlled through liturgy by an outside church hierarchy.
* Church members should be free from the grip of materialism so prevalent in the church of the day. Dress and buildings are kept simple and plain in order that all may feel welcome and equal.
* We are new in Christ and loyal to Him; members should be free from secret societies that required oaths of secrecy.
We are glad to be a part of the Christ’s Church. Come be a part of Hillside.
“There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope…one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.”