Hillside Church Updates for Zoom Worship
Hillside Free Methodist Facebook Page (Videos of Zoom Worship are here)
Greetings! Since March we have only been worshiping by listening to a podcast on our website, but now we are worshiping using Zoom Meet. Below is the link to join our worship service using Zoom. *You can hear and see the service and everyone can see each other but no one else will hear you until we unmute you during congregational prayer time.*
SERVICE EVERY SUNDAY AT 10:45 AM
Join Zoom Worship
Please note the following:
1) The Worship Service Zoom link below will be the same link you will use every week beginning with this week. You will receive a weekly email remainder.
2) Once you click on the link you will be brought right into the service. You will not be in a waiting room as before.
3) PLEASE KEEP YOUR MUTE BUTTON ON AT ALL TIMES DURING THE SERVICE. You are brought into the service already muted. This is so that those who are leading the service and others will not be distracted by any background noise or voices coming from your home.
4) Please enter in a spirit of being ready to worship our Lord.
5) We will begin at 10:45 am with the Call to Worship.
6) The service is being recorded so you will see the record button go on at 10:45, which indicates the service is starting or has already started if you join in later. Since you are muted upon entering you don’t have to worry about being a distraction if you should join later or have technology issues.
7) Once the service is over we invite you to unmute yourself so we can chat with each other for a short time. You can leave whenever you need to. The last two weeks we have stayed on just catching up with each other.
Hebrews 13:17, NIV Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.
As we move towards live streaming our weekly church service, we need your help. We need two members to operate the video and sound board while we are live streaming. Training will be provided. There will be an informational meeting in the next week or so to discuss the requirements. Let one of us know if you can consider assisting with this position.
Hillside continues its search for a senior pastor. We are thankful for the preaching rotation that has blessed our church for the last 15 months. Continue to pray for Hillside and the search for a senior pastor. Acts 20:28 – Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit h as made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.
We are suspending public worship at Hillside until we can be assured that we are not endangering our community. Soon we will be offering worship through live video. Presently, a small team of Hillside’s leaders will conduct a basic worship service that will be online here – Worship.
Hillside News and Announcements
If you wish to join any of our online Zoom gatherings, please contact our Church Administrator to get further information. We welcome your participation.
Our Sunday morning Class Meeting will continue to take place from 9:30-10:45 am every Sunday.
WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETING
Prayer is even more critical right now. Our prayer team will continue to meet via Zoom for prayer Wednesday mornings from 10:00 – 12:00 . If you have a specific prayer request or if you wish to join in on the team prayer time contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SISTERS IN CHRIST
We will join together via Zoom to continue our study of Jeremiah and Dr. Ray Stedman’s book Nation in Crisis . We will meet at 7:00 p.m. October 1 . Contact our church administrator for the Zoom connect link. If you haven’t received the study/discussion schedule contact our church administrator.
Watch the message from our three Free Methodist Bishops on Facebook Live Embracing Our Opportunities – Moving ahead during COVID
Watch this video! Phyllis Sortor, a Free Methodist missionary in Africa, and a survivor of a vicious kidnapping there, shares her story and her hope. Redeeming Our COVID Captivity
Most recent message from Bishops: Bishop Keith: Beware of Taking Sides, What Is Our Mission?
Our Bishops are actively preparing support from the FMCUSA to strengthen our commitment to biblical racial unity. Upcoming: online videos, communications with the Diversity Task Force, and useful resources. “We will walk together toward deeper unity, justice, and equity for every beloved child of God.”
They hosted a 2nd live event for an online Q&A time with our five elected African American leaders. See link here.
What is the solution that can give us hope and calm our fears and anxieties when life throws a curveball and we go through times of trial and trouble?
The Lord is the solution. Knowing His name means understanding, declaring, proclaiming, and confessing who God is and what He does. It means discovering more and more the grandeur, the glory, and the unshakeable foundation of His character. As we know Him and trust Him more fully, search for Him more diligently, our momentary troubles will cease to cause crippling fear and anxiety. The Lord is our shelter and refuge. He has never abandoned anyone who sought Him. We see signs of God’s presence everywhere – in the beauty of creation, the encouraging words of a friend, in the ways He provides all we need. During this period of yet another pandemic, we have great opportunity to be a beacon of light and hope to those around us. There is always opportunity to show others by our actions and words what it means to trust in the Lord.