To Be the Hands and Feet of Christ
DNA: “the fundamental and distinctive characteristics or qualities of someone or something, especially when regarded as unchangeable”
Here at Hillside we are on a mission to set people free in Christ, to worship God, to grow in our faith, and to serve others in love. We seek to connect with those in our own church, our community, and in the world.
Our goals —service and connection—has become a trademark to those who know us well. It has become our DNA.
The integral parts of our DNA are Centered in Christ, Our Savior King.
• Are diverse, but very much like one another in our desire to be a part of God’s kingdom work.
• Are filled with compassion and unconditional regard for those in our midst who have a need for. A listening ear, a hug, a prayer, a bag of food, a ride, a lending hand, a patient spirit.
• Value what each is able to offer, what each wants to do.
• Have an intrinsic readiness, an openness, a determination to help. Shoulder to shoulder, humbly giving time or skill , resources or ideas, a shoulder or arms.
• Long to serve and to accept being served.
• Seek to be the hands and feet of Christ.
Connect and Support
“The Lord God has put his Spirit in me. This is because he has appointed me to tell the good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort those whose hearts are broken.
He has sent me to tell the captives they are free…He has sent me to comfort all those who are sad.” Isaiah 61: 1-2 (ICB)
“Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.” Romans 12:9-13 (NLT)